The recipe of the Nasi Uduk of Western Javana and its additional dishes
Currently, there are many variations of Western Javanese nasi uduk recipes to choose from . But, of course, there is only one original recipe that will not be timeless. Of course, this one recipe is something you have to try, because it contains legendary flavors inherent in the ancestors of the former Sundanese tribe.
Nasi uduk is one of the typical Dishes of Western Javanese that you can easily find. Currently, there are many typical Restaurants in Sundanese that give it to you. However, there is nothing wrong with that if you are trying to make this one menu in your home.
But to make this uduk rice, patience is required. There are so many steps that you need to follow carefully to get a delicious nasi uduk flavor. But take it lightly, because here we will discuss it in detail for you.
Nasi Uduk is considered a big dish in Western Java
In fact, nasi uduk is part of the Western Javana tradition. Therefore, not everyone can well understand this recipe for the nasi uduk of western Javanese. Only some people understand this well.
In Western Java itself, as a rule, this nasi uduk is served at various sacred events, such as weddings, trimmings, thanksgiving houses, inauguration of buildings, etc. As a rule, there are many people who themselves are engaged in the production of this uduk rice.
Of course, the portions produced are also very large. But if you do it for its own consumption, the method is not too complicated. On this occasion we will discuss how to finish it, along with additional menu options that are usually presented in it. Arbitrary? Carefully review the explanation!
How to make a typical recipe for Western Javana Nasi Uduk
To make this nasi uduk, of course, the first thing you have to prepare is the ingredients. Also, make sure that the ingredients used are clean and hygienic. Right away, here’s an explanation.
- 300 grams of rice
- Coconut milk 450 ml
- 2 pieces of young bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 stalks of masked lemongrass
- 2 cm of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
If you have prepared all these ingredients , we can immediately proceed to this stage of cooking the recipe of western Javanese nasi uduk. So that you can do the following:
- Rinse the rice thoroughly. Also wash off other materials that will be used in the production process
- Boil coconut milk, which you prepared in advance. also add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, beaten lemongrass, salt and pepper.
- Stir everything until completely evenly distributed. Stir until the combination of spices and spices boils.
- Put the rice that you have previously washed into coconut milk and spices that are boiled.
- Continue steaming until the rice is cooked and becomes rice.
- After cooking, serve in a suitable container
To add flavor, you can also sprinkle fried onions, sliced red chili and cucumbers on top of the rice uduk. In addition to making it look beautiful, it will increase your appetite.
This is the nasi uduk manufacturing process that you can follow. This may seem easy, but often the preparation of this typical recipe for the Nasi uduk of Western Javana fails if it does not follow the predetermined steps. So make sure you are careful when following the steps.
Tips for yang you need to make cooking nasi uduk
There are some tips you can do when you want to make this nasi uduk recipe. First, be sure to choose quality rice. Unskilled rice often does not make a spice soaked in it .
Not only that, but also be sure to choose thick coconut milk. Choosing this thick coconut milk will make the recipe of the Western Javanese nasi uduk more piquant and tasty. But on the contrary, if you choose diluted coconut milk, of course, the resulting taste will not be too savory.
The resulting aroma will also not be strong. Kamu can choose coconut milk squeezed from real grated coconut. Do not choose ready-made coconut milk in the store. The quality is sometimes not what you imagined . As a rule, there are many coconut sellers on the market who supply such grated coconuts.
Additional Nasi Uduk menu in Western Java
This recipe for the nasi uduk of the Western Javanese will definitely not be perfect if you do not fill it with additional dishes. There are many additional nasi uduk menus that you can currently choose from. Let’s discuss one by one how this is done.
- Fried chicken
- Chicken 1 head, cut to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Coconut water 500 ml
- Bay leaf 2 pcs
- Orange leaves 2 pcs
- Masked galangal to taste
- shallots 8 grains
- garlic 4 cloves
- Pecans 4 grains
- pepper granules 1/4 tsp
- Ginger 1 cm
- old turmeric 3 cm
- brown sugar 20 grams
- Salt 2 teaspoons
Method of production:
After preparing these ingredients, all you have to do is follow the steps to supplement this recipe for western Javanese nasi uduk as follows:
- Wash the prepared chicken
- Study all the spices, sauté until it emits a smell.
- Enter bay leaves, galangal, orange leaves and lemongrass. Stir until completely evenly distributed.
- Put the pre-cleaned chicken, mixing with herbs
- Pour coconut water, cover the pan and let the spices in it pour.
- Wait until the chicken nuggets become tender.
- Remove and dry.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry the chicken that was carried until it is whippedwith elatan.
- Drain or place it on pre-cooked uduk rice.
- Džiovintas Oreg Tempeh
- Tempeh Board 1, Cut Match
- Red pepper 1 piece, thinly sliced
- Curly chilli peppers 4 pcs., cut diagonally
- Camouflaged galang 2 cm long
- 2 cm of masked ginger
- Young bay leaf only 1 piece
- Fresh orange leaves 3 pcs
- Brown sugar is shaved with 3 tablespoons, can also be replaced with sweet soy sauce
- Scarves 5 grains, thinly cut into slices
- Garlic 3 cloves, thinly cut into slices
- Tamarind water 1/2 oldok flour
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil to taste
How to make:
- Having prepared the above ingredients , we can now move on to this process of cooking an additional dish for this western Javanese nasi uduk recipe. Follow the steps below.
- Fry the pace, which you cut into slices to dry. The degree of dryness can be adjusted to each taste. Remove and dry.
- Crush the chopped onion until it emits a fragrant smell. Then add other spices such as chili, orange leaves, bay leaf and galangal. Pour in a small amount of water.
- After that, also add tamarind water and brown sugar. Finally add salt. Cook until boiling, taste correction.
- Put in it dried baked tempo. Stir until caramelized and all spices are infused. Remove and serve.
The combination of Nasi uduk and his extra dishes will certainly make the family at home much more enthusiastic about eating. Don’t forget to serve a family-friendly sambal uduk as well. To avoid mistakes, be sure to follow the steps to keep this recipe for the West Javana nasi uduk in order.