A look at the activities of the West Java BKD and its responsibilities
You are certainly familiar with the term BKD in the province of West Java. Especially if you have participated in the recruitment of civil servants in their respective areas. BKD or Regional Personnel Agency is a very important government institution with various important functions and functions.
BKD people are particularly familiar if there is recruitment of civil servants. This is because of course the main task of the BKD is to assist the Governor or the Regent in dealing with civil servants. Therefore, not only when searching for or recruiting civil servants, but also controlling and supervising government employees.
If you want to be one of the government employees, you should know about BKD and what it contains. That way, it will better understand what the responsibilities of this government agency or institution are.
Every city and district will have a BKD office that will handle all administrative matters of government employees in the city. The scope of the work and the duties of this one institution are very broad with great responsibility. All these duties and responsibilities are provided in this Act.
There are various sub-sectors within the BKD institution that work according to their responsibilities. Whether it provides facilities, monitors, or prepares reports. For more detailed information, here is an explanation of BKD and its main functions and functions.
Let’s get acquainted with the BKD Regional Personnel Institute
BKD is a government agency or institution that regulates the duties and training of civil servants in an area. For example, the West Java BKD will be responsible for managing, managing, monitoring, and providing facilities to civil service personnel in the West Java area.
The BKD of a district or city is only responsible for the maintenance of civil servants of the city concerned and not of other cities. So his authority is limited only locally. However, there are also those who have national authority, i.e. the National Personnel Agency.
This institution will function as an administrative part of the management of civil servants, providing work or duties, implementing training training, and implementing service periods. When a government employee wants to maintain various files such as mutations or glass/education updates, it will interact with this institution.
The head of the West Java Provincial BKD is directly responsible for carrying out the activities in accordance with the rules of the law. In order to realize its vision and mission, this government organization will compile an annual action program to improve organizational performance in a better way.
The function of BKD will be explained in a work program that is updated every year to create effective and efficient performance. In addition, in BKD, the revival is carried out in order to prepare reliable human resources for the future and to be able to show better performance.
Learn the vision and mission of BKD West Java
The main vision is “the realization of a good and prosperous instrument”. Goodness in its explanation; Quality, accountability, innovation, creativity. It is hoped that this vision will form a professional, reliable organization so that it can aid the performance of local leaders. An extension of the meaning of vision:
- Quality, i.e. having quality in working in accordance with the conditions and expectations of all Indonesian people.
- Accountability, that is, having a responsible attitude in every activity or work program that is implemented.
- Innovative, that is, new things can be showcased or presented, so that it can increase work efficiency.
- Creativity, that is, being able to bring out creativity in creating something or enhancing the benefits of something that already exists.
- Prosperity, that is, the realization of comfort and security for civil servants in material, economic and spiritual matters.
Not only does the BKD in the Province of West Java have a vision, but also performs a mission performed from time to time. This mission will change with the needs of the government and should be performed by every officer in this institution. Here are the missions performed:
- Realize a modern staffing system according to technological developments.
- Help improve employees’ livelihoods and well-being based on each individual’s job performance.
- Improve the professionalism of an employee’s job with guidance and training.
Know the duties of West Java BKD
As an organization directly responsible to local leaders, the main mission of BKD is to carry out the management of local civil service personnel . Therefore, all matters related to the administration of employees should be carried out in this institution. The other duties and functions of this individual organization are:
- Prepare local control plans in the field of local personnel by paying attention to laws and regulations in such a way that regulations can be made in accordance with national standards.
- Plan and establish a local staffing system.
- Carry out administrative implementation on the basis of G Katan, dismissal and mutation of civil servants.
- Prepare a draft and decide the technical policies for the development of local civil servants.
- Administrative services are provided to state civil instruments such as appointment, dismissal, transfer, and transfer of structural or operational positions carried out in accordance with the laws of the Personnel Act.
- Prepare and establish the pension policy of the state civil system in accordance with applicable laws, norms and standard procedures.
- Determine the salary and benefits for the welfare of the state civil systems in terms of personal laws and regulations.
- Administer the administration of state civil equipment and handle the local personal information system.
Based on its activities and obligations, the West Java Provincial BKD fully bears the policies and regulations of all matters relating to civil servants located or serving in the West Java region and, in addition, it is responsible for the appointment, promotion, and management of employee pensions.
BKD improves the professionalism of the state civil system
The preparation of work programs is carefully controlled to help improve the performance of state systems. The work program sets out what the operational goal of the local personnel organization is to support the achievement of the organization’s vision and mission. In this case it is suitable for the rules of legislation at the central level.
BKD West Java focuses on improving work professionalism in order to formulate a reliable and responsible state tool. Thus, it will be able to prepare in the future a reliable tool capable of fulfilling tasks and responsibilities. Some of the work programs conducted are as follows:
- Implementation of CPNS recruitment. This program is implemented to fill vacancies in the posts every year or at least once every 2 years because employees are retiring, dying, or there is a need for additional personnel.
- The process of awarding awards is in the form of an increase from honorary to CPNS for the best performers in exchange for honorary service.
- Recruitment of IPDN Praja Admission through examinations from various other parts of Indonesia for local sons and daughters.
- Administrative services such as making a civil service card, managing a tasken card, or registering dependents for married civil servants.
- Organize and conduct examinations for civil servants who are eligible for promotion.
- Organizing training to increase the cost of civil servants.
- Implementation of technical training and guidance to state systems, either conducting training in areas or engaging employees participating in training at central BKD.
As an institution that assists the performance of local chiefs in controlling civil service personnel, the BKD has a great responsibility. Not only should they explain the main duties based on their activities, but also to perform the vision and mission of the West Java Provincial BKD as a staffing institution.